The treatment aims of the Department of Orthodontics are to improve occlusion and facial aesthetics and to correct malaligned teeth. The Department handles the full range of malocclusions and oro-facial deformities.
The Department makes up an important part of the Centre's Oro-facial Deformity Management team. It also collaborates closely with other medical and dental specialists in the team, managing patients with cleft lip and palate.
Scope of Practice
- Orthodontic treatment with conventional fixed and
- Orthodontic treatment with aesthetic appliances
(ceramic bracket systems, lingual orthodontics and Invisalign)
- Interceptive orthodontic treatments including dentofacial orthopaedics
- Management of dentofacial deformities
- Combined orthodontic-orthognathic surgical treatment
- Management of cleft lip and palate patients
- Management of Obstructive Sleep Apnea / Snoring patients