A tooth with dental pulp inflammation or infection can present with one or more of the following symptoms:
• Prolonged sensitivity to hot or cold food / drinks
• Pain that is unprovoked
• Pain that is spontaneous and throbbing
• Pain on biting
• Pain which may interrupt sleep
• Pain which may be referred to head, temple or ear
• Discolouration of the tooth
• Tenderness of the overlying gums
• Abscess or swelling
Sometimes, there may be no symptoms at all. When the dental pulp inflammation or infection is left untreated, it can eventually cause severe pain, abscess (swelling) and loss of the supporting bone.
It is best to consult with your dentist if you have any of the symptoms mentioned for a more accurate diagnosis and treatment.
Abscess on upper right tooth
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...
5 Second Hospital Avenue, Singapore 168938 +65 6324 8802