MBBS (S'pore), MRCS (Edin), MMed (Surg), FAMS (Plastic Surgery)
Specialty: Plastic, Reconstructive ＆ Aesthetic Surgery
Sub-specialties: Vascular Anomalies, Reconstructive Microsurgery, Breast Reconstruction, Aesthetic Breast Surgery, Body Contouring, Lymphoedema, Facial Plastic Surgery
Conditions Treated by this Doctor:
Aesthetic Surgery, Breast Deformities, Burns, Chronic Wounds, Cosmetic Surgery, Eyelid Ptosis, Facial Paralysis, Facial Rejuvenation, Facial Trauma, Genitourinary Reconstruction, Gynecomastia, Hair transplantation, Liposuction, Lower Extremity Trauma and Reconstruction, Lymphoedema, Nose (rhinoplasty), Obesity, Skin Cancer.
Dr Allen Wong is a Consultant Plastic Surgeon with Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Service at Sengkang General Hospital. He graduated from Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine and completed his specialist training with Singhealth Plastic Surgery Residency Program.
Dr Allen is passionate about microsurgical reconstruction, and played a pivotal role in setting up microsurgical reconstruction service in Sengkang General Hospital. He is well versed with perforator flaps such as the deep inferior epigastric flap (DIEP flap) or tranverse upper gracilis flap (TUG flap). He also believes in pushing the frontiers of reconstruction, using modern methods such as endoscopic harvest of flaps, to allow smaller and well-hidden scars. This is especially useful in reconstructive breast surgery, such as endoscopic latissimus dorsi flap or the laproscopic harvest of omentum flap for breast reconstruction. Furthermore, as a plastic surgeon, Dr Allen believes in combining cosmetic and reconstructive surgical approaches, in order to deliver the best care possible to his patients.
Dr Allen's strong background in reconstruction has set the stage for him to excel in cosmetic surgery. His philosophy for cosmetic surgery, is to tailor-make each treatment plan such that it marries the patient's desires with their bio-characteristics, in order to achieve the best result. This can be done with a combination of non-invasive rejuvenation methods (lasers, fillers, Botox, etc), as well as surgical procedures. (blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty, face-lift, etc) Through well-hidden scars, a harmonious and long-lasting rejuvenation can then be obtained for each of his patients
Clinical Lecturer, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine - National University of Singapore
1. Initial impression of the CelluTome™ Epidermal Harvesting System in burns management. J Joethy, K Koh, Wong AW, A Cheng, S Sellam, SJ Chong. Burns Open, Volume 3, Issue 2, April 2019, Pages 68-74
2. The Diathermy Scratch Pad – A cheap and efficient tool for chemical and explosion related burns. Wong AW, Hong Q, Hui C, Chong SJ. Arch Plast Surg. 2019 Jan;46(1):88-91. doi: 10.5999/aps.2018.00507. Epub 2019 Jan 15.
3. Using retrograde flow from descending geniculate artery, additional safety measures in knee coverage. J Joethy, JC Goh, MFJ Sun, Wong AW, BK Tan. J Reconstr Microsurg Open 2016; 01(02): 128-130
4. Two-Blade Guillotine Technique for Nipple Graft Harvest. Wong AW, Chew KY, Tan BK. Arch Plast Surg. 2017 Sep;44(5):449-452.
5. Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 gene polymorphisms and response to bacillus calmette-guerin immunotherapy for superficial bladder cancer. E Chiong, Wong AW, N Kesavan, YH Chan, E Kesavan, R Mahendran. The Journal of Urology, 183(4), pp. e521–e522
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...
5 Second Hospital Avenue, Singapore 168938 +65 6324 8802