The first dental school and clinic had its early beginnings in 1929 at Norris Block of General Hospital at Sepoy Lines, today known as Singapore General Hospital (SGH). As the demand for dental treatment increased, a new building was constructed.
In 1938, the dental school and clinic was relocated and renamed Singapore General Hospital Dental Clinic. It provided training to dental students and dental treatment. When the dental school was relocated to Kent Ridge in 1986, the clinic continued operating and was renamed Government Dental Clinic.
Turning Vision to Reality
As demand for public dentistry increased, the need for better dental facilities and clinical expertise spawned the vision of a national dental centre. Between 1989- 1995, architectural plans were drawn up for a complex to house three institutions – Pegu Road Dental Clinic, Institute of Dental Health and Government Dental Clinic, which led to the establishment of National Dental Centre Singapore (NDCS).
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...
5 Second Hospital Avenue, Singapore 168938 +65 6324 8802